- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 jar (16oz) Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, seeded and stemmed
- 1/3 jar (approx 5oz) Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers
- 1 jar cream style horseradish
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb tri-tip or roast beef, deli thin sliced (uncooked or rare)
- 4 sandwich style rolls
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Drain Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers and Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers (save 1/2 cup of juice from the sweet cherry peppers - it will go into the mix at the end). Slice the peppers and add to the heated skillet. Add the cherry pepper juice and beef broth. Allow it to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the meat.
Place rolls on a baking sheet. Spread each roll with some creamy horseradish. With tongs or a draining spoon, place the meat and vegetable mixture on the rolls. Top with a spoonful of the pan juices and grated or sliced pepper jack cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted and rolls are crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. You can reserve the additional pan juices to dip the sandwiches into.