- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 jar (16oz) Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, seeded and stemmed
- 1/3 jar (approx 5oz) Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers
- 1 jar cream style horseradish
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 lb tri-tip or roast beef, deli thin sliced (uncooked or rare)
- 4 sandwich style rolls
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Drain Cherry Peppers, (save 1/2 cup of juice from the sweet cherry peppers - it will go into the mix at the end).Slice the peppers and add to the heated skillet. Add the cherry pepper juice and beef broth. Allow it to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the meat.
Place rolls on a baking sheet. Spread each roll with some creamy horseradish. With tongs or a draining spoon, place the meat and vegetable mixture on the rolls. Top with a spoonful of the pan juices, and grated or sliced pepper jack cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted and rolls are crisp, 10-15 minutes. You can reserve the additional pan juices to dip the sandwiches into.