- 1/2 cup Wondra flour
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup drained and roughly chopped Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Peperoncini, 1 cup liquid reserved
- Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pat chicken dry and coat lightly with flour.
- Working in 2 batches, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Sauté the chicken until nice and golden, turning once, about 8 minutes total. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and cook remaining chicken in the same manner. Transfer to dish with previously cooked chicken.
- Keeping the skillet over moderate heat add reserved pepper liquid and cook until slightly reduced.
- Add chicken back to the pan and toss in peppers. Transfer chicken and sauce to platter.
(Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, exclusively for Dixie® Savor Summer Flavor)