- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- oil to coat pan for frying
- 2 cups frozen Potatoes O’Brien hash browns
- 6 oz raw breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado
- Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers, to top
- 4 to 6 tortillas
- Optional - Top with sour cream, salsa and sliced green onion
Crack eggs into a mixing bowl add milk, a pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper and whisk.
In a large sauté pan on medium high heat, add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add hash browns and fry for about 5 minutes until slightly golden in color. Add breakfast sausage into the pan, break up with a wooden spoon and cook another 7 minutes or until sausage is done. Add egg mixture and chopped Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips and stir occasionally, lower heat to medium while cooking the eggs for about 6 minutes or until eggs are done. Turn heat off, sprinkle cheese on top to melt.
Assemble the burritos with the egg and hash brown mixture, top with your desired toppings and add the Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers for some heat and crunch.