Wild Mushroom Braised Short Ribs
3 hours 55 minutes
Succulent cuts of beef short rib are braised in red wine, root vegetables, earthy wild mushrooms and our decadent Wild Mushroom marinara. Pair with creamy polenta or velvety mashed potatoes for a show stopping, flavor-filled meal!
- 3 lbs. bone-in beef short ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms, such as porcini, oyster and maitake, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, such as cabernet sauvignon
- 1 (25 ounce) jar Family Recipes Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- Polenta or mashed potatoes, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Season the short ribs liberally with salt and pepper and heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat until shimmering.
- Sear the short ribs, working in batches as to not overcrowd the pan, until golden brown , about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the short ribs to a plate once seared.
- Add the shallots, carrots and mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring often until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to deglaze any browned bits.
- Add the Family Recipes Wild Mushroom Sauce and beef stock and season with salt and pepper to taste. Return the short ribs to the pot along with any juices that may have collected on the plate and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pot and transfer to the oven to bake for 3 ½ hours or until the short ribs are fork tender.
- Serve the short ribs over polenta or mashed potatoes and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.