Spiked Hot Apple Cider
Spice up your next holiday party with this cocktail made with a hot cherry pepper simple syrup! Guaranteed to warm you up when the weather is cold, and friends are gathered.
- Hot Cherry Pepper Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers drained plus more for garnish
- Spiked Apple Cider
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 navel orange halved and sliced
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cups spiced rum
- 2 cinnamon sticks plus more to garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1 cup of the water with the sugar. Bring to a boil. Add the hot cherry peppers, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine apple cider, orange slices, and whole cloves. Bring to a boil over high; reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the orange slices and cloves. Stir the rum into the cider mixture and add the hot cherry pepper simple syrup to taste. Start with ¼ cup and increase until your desired level of heat and sweetness is achieved. Store any leftover syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Serve warm with a cinnamon stick to garnish each drink and a slice of hot cherry pepper.