Roasted Mixed Olives with Whipped Feta
Savory warm roasted olives and tangy whipped feta make for an excellent appetizer at your next gathering or night in. Enjoy them with a warm baguette and your favorite cocktail!
- 1 cup Colossal Castelvetrano Style Pitted Olives lightly crushed
- 1 cup Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives lightly crushed
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 medium shallots sliced
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 (7 ounce) block feta cheese broken into large chunks
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Toasted bread for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add the lightly crushed Mezzetta® Colossal Castelvetrano Style Pitted Olives and Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, lemon zest and juice, ¼ extra virgin olive oil, smashed garlic cloves, sliced shallots, rosemary, oregano and thyme sprigs and season with salt to taste and red chili flakes. Toss everything to combine and place in the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes until the olives are softened and the garlic is fragrant.
- While the olives roast, add the feta cheese, Greek yogurt and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil to a food processor and whip until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside*.
- Once the olives have finished roasting, discard the rosemary, oregano and thyme sprigs and spread a spoonful whipped feta on 6-8 slices of toasted bread. Top each piece of toast with a generous helping of roasted olives and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to garnish.
There will be leftover whipped feta. Simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.