Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
Wondering what to do with all of that leftover turkey this thanksgiving? Turn your thanksgiving leftovers into these delicious enchiladas featuring a Jalapeño crema using yogurt from our friends at Icelandic Provisions!
- 1/2 cup Icelandic Provisions® Thick and Creamy Skyr Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers * finely diced, plus more for servings
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) container store bought red enchilada sauce
- 8 standard tortillas warmed**
- Fresh cilantro leaves for serving
- California Habanero Hot Sauce for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Icelandic Provisions® Thick and Creamy Skyr Yogurt, diced Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers and lime juice and zest. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and once hot add in the sliced onion and cumin and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the shredded turkey, 1 cup of the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything to combine and remove from the heat.
- Pour ½ a cup of enchilada sauce into a 9x13 baking dish and place ¼ cup of the turkey filling into each warmed tortilla. Tightly roll up the tortillas and place into the baking dish, in a row, seam side down.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese and transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted. Top with a generous drizzle of the jalapeño yogurt mixture, more Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Jalapeños and fresh cilantro leaves before serving with Mezzetta® California Habanero Hot Sauce on the side.
*For less heat, use our Mezzetta® Tamed Sliced Jalapeño Peppers
**To warm the tortillas, stack them on a microwave safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave in 30 second intervals until completely heated through.