Creamy Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
Grilled cheese and tomato soup is a tried-and-true classic! This is our take on the ever-popular combo, but with a twist!
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Artisan Ingredients® Italian Plum Tomato Marinara
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sandwich the cheese slices between 2 slices of bread and spread the unsalted butter all over both sides of the bread.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and once hot add the sandwich and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Allow the grilled cheese to cool to room temperature and cut into ½ inch squares. Set aside.
- To a blender, add the Mezzetta® Artisan Ingredients Italian Plum Tomato Marinara, heavy cream and vegetable stock and puree until smooth. Transfer to a medium sauce pot and simmer until the soup is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup amongst 4 bowls and top with a handful of the grilled cheese croutons.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.