This simple and flavorful Bucatini All’ Amatriciana is named after the town of Amatrice which is located northeast of Rome and is one of the most popular pasta dishes in that region. Traditionally made with cured pork, tomato, chili flakes and caramelized onions, our Family Recipes Marinara reduces prep time and ingredients, without reducing flavor.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces cubed pancetta
- 1 (24.5 ounce) jar Family Recipes Marinara Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- 1 lb bucatini pasta cooked al dente*
- Grated Pecorino-Romano cheese for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until the fat has rendered out and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Do not drain the rendered fat.
- Add the Family Recipes Marinara Sauce and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes to taste.
- Add the al dente bucatini and toss together with tongs to combine.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and garnish with a generous spoonful of grated Pecorino-Romano cheese.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.