Easy Mediterranean Egg Bites
These fluffy, Mediterranean egg bites are packed with a blend of tomatoes, spinach, feta, roasted red peppers and kalamata olives, making them a quick and easy on-the-go breakfast option!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers drained and diced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the diced Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers and sauté for an additional minute before adding the spinach and salt and pepper. Cook until the spinach is wilted, remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the grape tomatoes, Mezzetta® Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives, feta and cooled vegetable mixture.
- Using a ladle or a large spoon, divide the mixture among the wells of the prepared muffin tin, about ¾ of the way up, and transfer to the oven to bake until the eggs are set, about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the egg bites to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.