Orrechiette with Truffle Porcini, Kale and Pine Nuts
Orecchiette translates to “little ears” in Italian, and they are the perfect pasta shape for our Artisan Ingredients® Truffle, Porcini and Cream Marinara. Quick and easy, it’s perfect for a weeknight meal, while still being rich and satisfying. Add some kale and pine nuts and you have yourself a new go-to pasta recipe.
- 1 lb. Orecchiette pasta*
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped Tuscan kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (24oz) jar Artisan Ingredients® Truffle, Porcini & Cream Marinara
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- In a large pot of boiling salted water**, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, sauté the kale for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Artisan Ingredients® Truffle, Porcini & Cream Marinara and bring to simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss with sauce to coat. Top with toasted pine nuts before serving.
*If you cannot find Orecchiette, any short pasta will work.
**The perfect ratio of salt to water for cooking pasta is 1 tablespoon of salt for every 4 quarts (16 cups) of water.