- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 ½ cups seasonal citrus segments, we used pink grapefruit, naval orange, and satsumas (reserve any citrus juice from slicing into segments)
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced on mandoline slicer
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced on mandoline slicer
- ½ cup Mezzetta Castelvetrano Olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/3 cup Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup reserved citrus juices
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar to taste, if needed
In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, citrus juice and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add a few splashes of vinegar for a little more acid.
Drizzle enough dressing over the salad and to lightly coat and toss.