- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. Middle Eastern yogurt or whole milk Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp. Mezzetta® Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled if desired
- 4 pieces white or whole wheat lavash (Middle Eastern flat bread)
- 1-1/2 cups Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Peppers
- 1 jar (6.5-ounce) Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1/2 c. Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped MEZZETTA® Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 C. baby spinach leaves
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the feta, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, mint, oregano, and ground pepper to make a chunky paste.
Cut a thin slice the length of the cucumber to create a flat surface, then rest it on the flat side and cut the cucumber lengthwise, as thin as possible, into long strips.
Lay out the 4 lavash on a flat work surface with a long side facing you. Spread the feta mixture evenly over the breads, leaving a 1-inch border at the tops and bottoms. Distribute the cucumber slices, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, peperoncini, and olives over the breads. Distribute spinach leaves over the filling.
Fold the border of one lavash from the side closest to you over the filling, then continue to roll tightly until you reach the other side. Repeat to make 4 lavash rolls.
Cut each lavash in half on a bias to make 2 sandwich halves, placing the halves seam-side down on a plate. To make ahead, wrap each roll tightly in plastic film and refrigerate up to 8 hours before cutting and serving.