- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup white rice, long grain
- 2-1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Grilled Artichoke Hearts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In an oven proof pot, sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until tender.
Add the rice and stir to coat with oil. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to avoid clumping. Add the parsley and half the cilantro. Cover the pot and place in a 350°F oven; cook until the rice is tender, about 14 to 16 minutes.
Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Add the remaining cilantro and the artichokes; fold into the rice. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Chef’s Notes: This rice dish demonstrates a technique that can be used to add flavor to rice, pasta, risottos, etc. A myriad of Mezzetta® products can be used to change the flavor profile of the meal or side dish. Pair this rice with Baked Chicken or Snapper for a delicious meal for the family.