- 10 chicken pieces
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
- 2 Fuji apples, cored, peeled and cut into ½” pieces
- ½ jar (9.5 oz.) Mezzetta Imported Pitted Kalamata Olives
- ½ jar (9.5 oz.) Mezzetta Super Colossal Spanish Queen Olives Pimiento Stuffed, drained and halved
- 1 jar (8 oz.) Mezzetta Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, drained
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup white wine
Chef's Note: Mezzetta recommends combining all ingredients and marinating overnight.
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl combine first 9 ingredients.
Arrange chicken in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish and spoon the other ingredients over it evenly. Sprinkle chicken pieces with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour white wine around the chicken.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently with pan juices. Chicken is done when thigh pieces, pricked with a fork at their thickest, yield clear yellow (rather than pink) juice.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer everything to a serving platter. Moisten with a few spoonfuls of pan juices. Pass remaining pan juices in a sauceboat.