- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 c. Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Marinara
- 1/2 jar Mezzetta Gourmet Deli Tamed Fire-Roasted Jalapeño Peppers with Chipotle
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Mezzetta Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- Optional: 1 c. shredded jack cheese
- Optional: 4 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- Salt to taste
- Mezzetta California Hot Sauce, to taste
*Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a large skillet, over medium high heat, stir turkey, garlic, olive oil, bell pepper and onion, breaking turkey apart, until juices evaporate and turkey meat is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add the chili powder, ground cumin and pepper. Stir and cook 2 minutes. Then add the marinara sauce, jalapenos, cilantro, and olives. Stir often, until flavors are blended, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stack flour tortillas and seal in foil. Bake in a 350° F oven, until hot in the center, about 7 minutes. To assemble each burrito, spoon the turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top equally with hot sauce, cheese, lettuce and sourcream. Fold bottom, then sides of tortilla over filling to enclose. Hold to eat.