- 8 slices peppered turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 8 slices deli salami, thinly sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
- 8 slices black forest deli ham, thinly sliced
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Mezzetta® Sweet Banana Peppers, drained, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sandwich Spread:
- 2 Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers, drained, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapeño jelly
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped (or 1 tsp dried mint)
- 1 Italian or focaccia loaf of bread, cut horizontally
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring jalapeño jelly and chopped Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir mint in until blended. Pour mixture in a small bowl, set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat a sandwich grill or a heavy skillet.
Slice bread horizontally.
Brush the sandwich spread onto the insides of both the top and bottom pieces of bread.
Layer the sandwich as follows: turkey, salami, prosciutto, black forest ham, cheese, Mezzetta® Sweet Banana Peppers, Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, salt and ground pepper. Close sandwich and cut into 4 equal pieces.
Brush top of the sandwich with butter, set sandwich, butter side down, on the sandwich grill or skillet.
Brush butter on top side of bread and place on the grill or in a large skillet. To evenly press the sandwich, place a heavy skillet, or a brick wrapped in foil, on top of the sandwich.
Cook until nicely browned and the cheese is melted, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Repeat for the second sandwich.