- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 c. Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, drained
- 2/3 c. Mezzetta Golden Greek Peperoncini, diced
- 2/3 c. Mezzetta Hot Cherry Peppers, diced
- 1/2 c. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 24 oz. shaved prime rib (or comparable quality beef)
- 2/3 c. crushed garlic
- 1 c. Mezzetta Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Focaccia loaf
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz provolone, sliced
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. fresh basil, chopped
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle cooking surface with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Add red onion, Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, Peperoncini, Hot Cherry Peppers, and cremini mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are near translucent.
Add shaved prime rib, 1/3 cup crushed garlic, and Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes. Continue to sauté for 5-10 minutes, until beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice focaccia loaf in half, horizontally, and then into quarters (to create 4 rolls for the sandwiches). Brush with melted butter and toast till golden brown.
Distribute sautéed steak mixture evenly on focaccia and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Cover sautéed steak mixture with provolone cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Combine mayonnaise, remaining garlic, and fresh basil. Spread this mixture on crowns of bread.
Top sandwich with crown.
This is one of the delicious finalists from the 2010 (Hot Sandwich) Make That Sandwich Recipe Contest! It was created by Jessica Asakevich of Norway, MI.