- Lasagna noodles, cooked, about 10-12
- 1 tablespoon Mezzetta California Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup + 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Pasta Sauce (we used Spicy Marinara)
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add olive oil and spinach and sauté until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Once cool enough to touch, place spinach in a paper towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Rough chop the spinach and place in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the ricotta cheese to the spinach, nutmeg, mozzarella and half a cup of parmesan cheese. Gently mix and combine all ingredients.
Spread about ¼ cup of the cheese mixture onto each lasagna noodle and roll up. In a 9x13x2 inch baking dish, add half of the pasta sauce to the bottom. Lay the rolls in the baking dish, seam side down, and add the remaining pasta sauce to the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and turn oven up to 500 degrees and bake another 10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.