- ½ pound (16-20 ct.) peeled deveined shrimp, tail removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ jar (16.25 oz.) Mezzetta Italian Plum Tomato (about 1 cup)
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley or basil to sprinkle on top
Preheat grill to medium high heat; grease grate well. Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, start to curl and are cooked through.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook garlic and chili flakes for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic softens. Pour in sauce; simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain pasta; toss with sauce to coat. Serve with grilled shrimp.