- Spicy Pepper Aioli:
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 small precooked chicken breasts
- 4 Dutch Crunch rolls or French rolls
- 1 cup Mezzetta® Italian Mix Giardiniera, drained and chopped
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon or pancetta
- 8 slices of tomato
- 8 slices provolone or monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To make the aioli, combine the Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers and mayonnaise in small food processor. Blend until pureed. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Use leftover roasted chicken breast, or purchase cooked chicken from the supermarket. Slice the chicken into 1/2" thick slices.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon over medium high heat, until crisp.
To assemble the sandwich, slice the bread, removing the soft inside dough of the sandwich. Spread the aioli on both sides of the sandwich. Place the Mezzetta® Italian Mix Giardiniera onto the bread, then add the sliced chicken, bacon, tomato slices, cheese, Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers and cilantro. Brush the olive oil onto the outside crust of the bread and press in a panini press until cheese is melted and crust is crunchy.