- 1 lb. ground chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta Hot Cherry Peppers (diced)
- 1/8 c. Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers (diced)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 16 oz. spaghetti
- 1 jar of your favorite Napa Valley Homemade pasta sauce (we used Spicy Marinara)
- Optional: Fresh basil & parmesan cheese for garnish
Preheat your oven to 350F.
At the same time prepare a pot of salted water, bring to a boil . Begin meatball preparation.
Once the water has come to a boil, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
To prepare the meatballs, place the ground meat into a bowl. Add the garlic, seasoning, egg, and peppers. Mix by hand to combine.
Add the bread crumbs and mix just until incorporated. Form the meatballs in your hands, rolling them into 2” balls. You should end up with 12 meatballs.
Place the oil in a skillet and heat on medium-high. Cook the meatballs 4 at a time, depending upon the size of your skillet, cook for several minutes, or until brown.
Transfer the meatballs to a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven. Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can place the meatballs into simmering pasta sauce on the stovetop and let meatballs cook through until an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
To assemble the dish, place the spaghetti into bowls and top with pasta sauce.
Top the sauce with the meatballs and garnish with basil and parmesan cheese.