- 1/2 cup black and white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) ahi tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 lb red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 8 oz snow peas
- 1/2 cup Kona Coast® Island Teriyaki
Combine sesame seeds on a plate; evenly coat both sides of tuna steaks.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over high heat until very hot. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, and sear tuna 1 minute per side for rare, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Remove from heat, and set aside.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or saucepan over high heat. Add vegetables, and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or just until the vegetables are crisp and tender. Add 1/2 cup Kona Coast® Island Teriyaki Sauce, or more, to taste.
Slice tuna steaks in half, and serve with rice and teriyaki vegetables.