- 2 Tbsp. Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Italian Sausage
- 4 onions, peeled, and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-16 oz. jar Mezzetta Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil Marinara
- 1 c. Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- 1/3 c. Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers (optional, they are hot)
- ¼ c. Mezzetta Golden Peperoncini, sliced
Place the olive oil in a large skillet over a high heat and brown the sausage on each side. Place the sausage in a crockpot.
Add the onions, marinara, roasted red peppers, optional hot peppers, and pepperoncini. Cover and cook on low for four hours.
Sausage and peppers can be served in hoagie rolls, or can be served over rice or pasta.