- 3 oz French bread, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Salad Dressing:
- 4 tbsp Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Basil Pesto
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp anchovy paste
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and diced
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the cubes of bread into a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil on top. Toss the bread to coat with the oil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the bread onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
In a small mixing bowl combine the Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Basil Pesto, water, lemon juice, anchovy paste, garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the lettuce, croutons, chicken and Parmesan shavings. Before serving, drizzle the dressing on top and toss until the lettuce is evenly coated.