- 1/2 (16 oz) jar Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta® Spanish Manzanilla Olives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 36 diagonally cut (1/4" thick) slices sourdough baguette
- 1/2 cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated
In a 10" to 12" nonstick frying pan over medium heat, stir the Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, onion and crushed garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add Mezzetta® Super Colossal Spanish Queen Olives, parsley and lemon juice. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If making up to 1 day in advance, cover and chill.
Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a 12"x15" baking sheet. Broil 4" to 6" from heat until toasted on 1 side. Remove from oven and turn the slices over.
Spoon olive and pepper mixture equally on untoasted side of the baguette slices, then spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese to complete this appetizer.