- 1/2 jar Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. parsley, minced
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta Pimiento-Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 36 diagonally cut slices (1/4 in. thick) sourdough baguette
- 1/2 c. asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a 10- to 12-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stir the sweet peppers, onion and crushed garlic until vegetables begin to soften, about 8-10 minutes. Add olives, parsley and lemon juice. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If making up to 1 day in advance, cover and chill.
Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a 12x15 baking sheet. Broil 4-6 inches from heat until toasted on 1 side. Remove from oven and turn the slices over.
Spoon olive and pepper mixture equally on untoasted side of the baguette slices, then spread evenly. Sprinkle with cheese to complete this appetizer.