- 10 Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (3 to 4 lb) boneless chuck roast or top or bottom round roast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 (1 oz) packet dry au jus gravy mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- generous splash of Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini brine
Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet, heat the oil. When hot, add the roast and sear on both sides. Searing is optional!
Transfer the seared roast to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning mix on top of the chuck roast, then sprinkle the dry au jus mix and place the stick of butter on top of the roast. Arrange the Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini around the roast and add the brine.
Cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender. Shred the roast and serve with gravy juices.
Chef's Notes: To make this in the oven, preheat the oven to 325°F. Sear the roast and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the ranch and au jus seasoning. Cut the butter into pieces and arrange all over the roast along with the Mezzetta® Golden Greek Peperoncini. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2 to 3 hours or until meat is fork tender.