- 1 (16 oz) jar Mezzetta® California Hot Vegetable Mix, chopped
- 3 tbsp liquid from Mezzetta® California Hot Vegetable Mix
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 large French baguette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Optional - 1 tbsp Asian fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Mezzetta® Garlic Stuffed Olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4" rings
- 3/4 cup cilantro sprigs, packed
- 2 cooked chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 pieces Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- lettuce leaves
Heat oven to 350ºF with rack in middle. Spoon out 2 cups Mezzetta® California Hot Vegetable Mix. Pour 3 tbsp liquid from the jar in a medium bowl and whisk in the sugar. Combine Mezzetta® California Hot Vegetable Mix with the marinade, stir and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat baguette on rack in oven until crusty, about 5 minutes. Cut off and discard round ends, then split baguette.
Mix together extra virgin olive oil, fish sauce and soy sauce and brush on cut sides of bread. Drain the marinated vegetables. In a separate bowl, dice the Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, add to the mayonnaise and stir.
To assemble the sandwich, spread a layer of the mayonnaise mixture on to the bottom of the bread, top the sandwich bottom with Mezzetta® Garlic Stuffed Olives, sliced onion and cilantro. Arrange the chicken, marinated vegetables and lettuce on top. Cut the sandwich crosswise into fourths.
This is one of the delicious finalists from the 2009 Make That Sandwich Recipe Contest! It was created by Peter Halferty of Corpus Christi, TX. For more details go to makethatsandwich.com