- 6 ears of corn on the cob, husked and cleaned
- 1 poblano pepper, cut in half and deseeded
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup crumbled cotija, plus some for topping
- ½ cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, Tamed or Hot, rough chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, plus some for topping
Preheat grill on high heat.
Grill the corn, onion and poblano pepper on the hot grill. Grill the corn for about 15-20 minutes, turning frequently until nice and charred and corn is cooked. Grill the pepper and onion for about 10 minutes, turning frequently until charred and tender. Remove from grill and set aside.
Once cool enough to touch the grilled vegetables- cut the corn off the cob and place into a medium sized mixing bowl. Dice the onion and poblano and add to the corn. Add the mayo, cotija, jalapeno peppers, lime juice and chili powder. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turn oven on broil. Place corn mixture into an oven proof baking dish, top with a sprinkle of cotija and light sprinkle of chili powder. Broil about 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on the dish. Serve immediately with chips.