- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta Cherry Peppers, drained, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Mezzetta Non-Pareil Capers, rinsed, divided
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese ball, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, divided
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Rinse and pat dry chicken. Place chicken breast, one at a time, between sheets of plastic wrap, with a flat mallet or rolling pin, gently and evenly pound chicken into 1/4 inch thick. Peel off plastic wrap.
In a bowl, mix Mezzetta Cherry Peppers, 2 tablespoons of Mezzetta Non-Pareil Capers, basil, 1/4 cup of parmesan, 1 tablespoon of garlic and salt and pepper. Make a small layer of the mozzarella cheese in the middle of each chicken breast, then a layer of the cherry pepper mixture. Roll the chicken breasts tightly, keeping the stuffing inside, secure with a wooden skewer. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a large non-stick skillet, add 1/4 cup of white wine, butter and olive oil, cook over medium heat until simmering. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic and cook until garlic starts to brown slightly. Add stuffed chicken breasts and cook 3-5 minutes per side, until cooked through and well browned. Remove chicken and keep warm. Scrape skillet bottom and all remaining 1/4 cup of white wine and reduce heat for a few minutes.
To serve, place stuffed chicken breast on plate, drizzle with garlic wine sauce and add remaining parmesan and 1 tablespoon capers.