- Cranberry Pepper Compote:
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 6 whole Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers, stems removed
- 3 tbsp juice from Mezzetta® Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Honey Mustard- Mayo:
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 (16 oz) jar Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 20 oz smoked turkey breast, sliced
- 8 slices havarti cheese
Combine the first 7 ingredients (cranberries to basil leaves) in a food processor. Purée on high for 1 minute, scrape the bowl and process for an additional 30 seconds or until a thick paste has formed. Set aside.
Combine honey mustard, mayonnaise and drained Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini. Set aside.
Preheat griddle to medium.
Lay a large sheet of wax paper over a work surface. Mix olive oil with garlic salt. Using a pastry brush, spread the oil on 1 side of each slice of bread.
Place oiled sides down on wax paper. Evenly spread a generous amount of cranberry compote on 4 slices of bread. Layer with turkey and havarti cheese.
Spread honey mustard-mayo on the remaining 4 slices of bread and place on top of the havarti cheese, oil side out.
Griddle on each side until golden and cheese is melted.
Make That Sandwich Contest Honorable Mention Sandwich 2010 Merry Graham-Newhall, CA