- 1 pound ahi tuna (about 2 nice tuna steaks)
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Peppers, drained and small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat grill on high heat.
In a medium bowl, add the roasted red peppers, shallot, lemon, thyme, two tablespoons of olive oil and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Pat tuna steaks dry, drizzle liberally with olive oil and coat the steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Place on very hot grill and grill steaks about 3 minutes each side for rare. Increase time for more well done steaks.
Remove from grill and place on serving plate. Serve with the pepper relish.
Chefs note: if tuna isn’t available, this would also be great with swordfish or halibut. Try serving the grilled fish over a nice bed of fresh arugula.