- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- ½ red onion, peeled and small diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers, rough chopped and squeezed dry in a paper towel
- ¾ cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, Tamed or Hot, rough chopped
- Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat grill to high heat.
Grill the large pineapple pieces for about 10 minutes total, turning frequently to get even char. Remove from grill and let cool on a cutting board. Once cool enough to handle, small dice the pineapple and add to a medium mixing bowl.
Next, add the onion, cilantro, lime zest and juice, and Mezzetta peppers to the pineapple. Stir to combine. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with chips as a snack. Also great on fish, tacos, or grilled meats.