- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Middle Eastern yogurt or whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled if desired
- 4 pieces white or whole wheat lavash (Middle Eastern flat bread)
- 1-1/2 cups Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 1 jar (6.5oz) Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Mezzetta® Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the feta, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, mint, oregano and ground pepper into a chunky paste.
Cut a thin slice the length of the cucumber to create a flat surface, then rest it on the flat side and cut the cucumber lengthwise, as thin as possible, into long strips.
Lay out the 4 lavash on a flat work surface with a long side facing you. Spread the feta mixture evenly over the breads, leaving a 1" border at the tops and bottoms. Distribute the cucumber slices, Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini and Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives over the breads. Distribute spinach leaves over the filling.
Fold the border of 1 lavash from the side closest to you over the filling, then continue to roll tightly until you reach the other side. Repeat to make 4 lavash rolls.
Cut each lavash to make 2 sandwich halves, placing the halves seam-side down on a plate. To make ahead, wrap each roll tightly in plastic film and refrigerate up to 8 hours before cutting and serving.