- Chimichurri Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 3/4 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Sandwich ingredients:
- 2 loaves Ciabatta bread, sliced horizontally
- 1-1/2 lbs filet mignon or flank steak cooked, sliced and at room temperature
- 4 oz spreadable goat cheese
- 8 oz Mezzetta® Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, water, crushed garlic, shallots, dried chili flakes, cilantro, Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers, pepper and salt.
Whisk together and set aside for 10 minutes.
Heat grill to medium-high and cook the steaks for 6 to 7 minutes per side. Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Coat the bottom of the bread liberally with chimichurri sauce. Add the sliced steak to the sandwiches. Top the sandwiches with goat cheese, Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips and add the top slice of bread. Serve and enjoy!