- Chimichurri Ingredients:
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. dried red chili flakes
- 3/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Mezzetta Non-Pareil Capers, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Sandwich ingredients:
- 2 loaves Ciabatta bread, sliced horizontally
- 1 1/2 pounds filet mignon or flank steak cooked, sliced and at room temperature
- 4 oz. spreadable goat cheese
- 8 oz. Mezzetta Deli Sliced Roasted Sweet Bell Peppers
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, water, crushed garlic, shallots, dried chili peppers, cilantro, capers, pepper and salt.
Wisk together and set aside for 10 minutes.
Heat a grill to medium-high, and cook the steaks for 6-7 minutes per side. Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Coat the bottom of the bread liberally with chimichurri sauce. Add the sliced steak to the sandwiches. Top the sandwiches with goat cheese, sliced roasted sweet bell peppers, and add the top slice of bread. Serve and enjoy!