- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 3/4 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 loaves ciabatta bread, sliced horizontally
- 1½ lbs cooked filet mignon or flank steak, sliced and at room temperature
- 4 oz spreadable goat cheese
- 8 oz Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, water, crushed garlic, shallots, dried chili flakes, cilantro, Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers, pepper and salt.
Whisk together and set aside for 10 minutes.
For the Sandwich:
Heat grill to medium-high and cook the steaks for 6 to 7 minutes per side. Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Coat the bottom of the bread liberally with chimichurri sauce. Add the sliced steak to the sandwiches. Top the sandwiches with goat cheese, Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips and add the top slice of bread. Serve and enjoy!