- 2 - 8 oz halibut fillets
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Mezzetta® Non-Pareil Capers, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Mezzetta® Sun Ripened Dried Tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 12 medium-sized fresh basil leaves
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Ciabatta, or other crusty style rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
Rinse the fish and pat dry. Cover in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fish for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until opaque and cooked through.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, red onion, lemon juice, Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers and crushed garlic. Whisk together and set aside.
Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the rolls. Arrange the basil on the bottom of the rolls, followed by the halibut, provolone, Mezzetta® Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes and avocado. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.