- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons Mezzetta Non-Pareil Capers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ jar (16.25 oz.) Mezzetta Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil Sauce (about 1 cup)
Halve chicken horizontally; place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to even thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until browned. Stir in capers, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Stir in sauce; bring to simmer.
Drain pasta. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.
Option: Substitute veal or turkey scaloppini for chicken if desired.