- 1.5 lb. Chicken, ground
- 1/3 c. Bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. Mezzetta® Homemade Style Basil Pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ea. Buns
- 1/4 c. Mezzetta® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Butter
- 4 ea. Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 ea. Tomato slices
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Preheat grill to medium high heat.
Mix the chicken, bread crumbs, pesto, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Divide into 4 portions and form into patties.
Brush the grill or both sides of chicken patties with olive oil to prevent sticking. Grill patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until burgers are cooked through.
Butter the buns and brown on both sides in a large saute pan over medium high heat. For a healthier alternative, brush the inside of the buns with olive oil and char on the grill. Make sure to keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
Assemble the burgers as desired. Add some additional pesto to the top of each burger if desired.
Chefs Note: Also try this recipe with Sun Ripened Dried Tomato Pesto for a whole new burger. This recipe is also great with ground turkey.