- Ingredients for Salsa Verde
- 1 lb. tomatillos (approx 6 large tomatillos)
- 2 jars Mezzetta Mild Green Chili Peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. sugar or to taste
- Ingredients for Enchiladas
- 2 c. precooked shredded chicken
- 1 c. Jack cheese
- 1/8 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thin sliced
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 c. Mezzetta Deli Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- Sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
To Make the Salsa Verde
De-husk the tomatillos.
Roast the tomatillos over an open flame or in a very hot oven, until the skin is black and charred.
Once they are cool, remove the charred skin and place the tomatillo pulp and juice in a food processor with the green chilis and pulse a few times to mix. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
To Prepare the Enchiladas
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the onions, sauté for several minutes or until softened and golden. Stir in the crushed garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Warm the tortillas so they are pliable.
Fill with some sautéed onion and 1/4 cup chicken. Roll tightly and place into a baking dish, seam side down. Repeat until all of the tortillas have been filled.
Top enchiladas with the salsa and all of the cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the enchiladas are hot and the cheese is melted. To serve top with jalapeno peppers and a dollop of sour cream.