- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + additional as needed
- ½ pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ small yellow onion, fine diced
- 8 ounce bunch of broccolini, trimmed stems and small diced
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Red Peppers, drained and rough chopped
- ½ cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers, drained, stems removed and rough chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional: serve with a fried egg on top of each serving
In a large skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan and sauté sausage crumbles, breaking pieces up with wooden spoon and stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from pan and let drain on paper towel lined plate.
Turn heat down to medium. Add enough olive oil to the pan to coat the bottom and add the diced potatoes. Fry potatoes until nicely golden on all sides and potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes, turning frequently. Add the sausage back into the pan along with the onion, broccolini, and peppers and cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
Serve hot with a fried egg on top of each serving.