- 4 eggs
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 oz) jar Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1 (6.25 oz) jar Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Basil Pesto
- Optional - Mezzetta® Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers for garnish
Cook your eggs in a frying pan to your desired doneness.
On the bottom of the toasted bun, add a slice of cheese, some Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, cooked egg, and a slice of prosciutto. Spread Mezzetta® Regional Recipes Basil Pesto on the top side of the English muffin.
Chef’s Notes: If you want to make this recipe for 6 to 12 people, preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Crack an egg into each muffin cup. Bake the eggs for 7 to 10 minutes or until whites are almost set. Remove from oven and use a toothpick or small spatula to loosen the eggs from the edges of the muffin tin. Remove the eggs from the tin and continue with recipe preparation.
Optional - For an extra dimension of crunch, flavor and heat, top sandwiches with Mezzetta Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers.