- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 oz pancetta, diced
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (24.5 oz) jar Mezzetta® Family Recipes Marinara Sauce
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- Optional - Garnish with fresh grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot and pancetta and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are soft.
Increase the heat to medium-high and add the ground pork and beef. Break up meat with a wooden spoon into crumbles and stir often to brown the meat. Cook for about 10 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
Next, add the wine and heavy cream and reduce until nearly evaporated; about 5 minutes. Add Mezzetta® Family Recipes Marinara Sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve on hot pasta with a sprinkle of cheese.
Chef's Notes: Add a few tbsp of butter at the very end of the cooking time and stir into the sauce for some extra richness.