- 1 cup Mezzetta Bleu Cheese Stuffed Olives, drained
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp flat-leaf parsley, rough chopped
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb flat iron steak, brought to room temperature
- 1 tsp coarse salt, divided
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- ½ cup watercress, ends trimmed, rinsed and spun to dry (Note: baby or wild arugula can be substituted if watercress is out of season or unavailable)
- 2 4" ciabatta bread buns, split horizontally
Heat a 12-inch x 12-inch or larger non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat.
Place olives into bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add garlic, parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pulse until mixture is a spreadable, pesto-like consistency. Place mixture in a small bowl covered with plastic wrap, and set aside.
Season steak liberally with salt and pepper and place on preheated grill pan. Cook the meat 3-4 minutes on each side for medium. Remove from heat and place on a cutting board. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and let rest, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, over medium heat, melt the butter in a 12-inch non-stick skillet. Crack the eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook eggs, flipping once, until the yolks have firmed a bit around the edges but are still runny in the middle. Remove from pan and set aside.
Thinly slice the meat against the grain. Wipe out egg pan with a paper towel. Over medium heat, add Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips to pan with sliced meat; stir to combine and heat through, about 1-2 minutes.
Lightly brush cut sides of buns with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place bread on a clean grill pan for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through and nice grill marks appear.
To build the sandwiches, spread a generous 1 1/2 tablespoons of the Bleu-Olive spread on the cut sides of the bread. Evenly divide the steak mixture and greens; top with eggs. Crown with bread tops and serve hot.