- ½ cup Kona Coast Spicy Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ lb slightly frozen beef flank steak
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 Kaiser rolls, split, toasted
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Ingredients for Relish:
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 Tbsp Mezzetta® Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers, diced
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped kimchi
In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and cornstarch together. Thinly slice flank steak against the grain and combine with cornstarch mixture. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix together all ingredients for relish.
In a heavy nonstick frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil until hot. On medium heat, fry eggs sunny side up so white is set but yolk is runny. Season lightly with salt. Set aside and keep warm.
In same frying pan, heat half of remaining oil until hot. Add the beef and cook until browned and cooked through. Stir in remaining teriyaki sauce and scallions. Cook briefly until sauce is very thick. Adjust salt to taste. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
Brush toasted rolls with sesame oil, then place lettuce on each bottom roll. Divide beef over rolls and include some sauce. Top with some drained relish. Place one egg on each. Place the top roll on sandwich and serve.