- Spicy Sriracha Spread:
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Marinated Carrots:
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 of 1 large baguette, cut into 2 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1/2 lb roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, drained
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers, drained
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
To make the spread, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, lime juice, Sriracha sauce, crushed garlic and 1 tbsp chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, toss prepared carrots with rice vinegar, and set aside while preparing remaining ingredients.
Cut the baguette pieces horizontally almost in half, leaving one side hinged. Brush the cut sides with sesame oil. Place bread, cut side down, on a hot grill pan and grill over medium-high heat until lightly toasted.
To assemble sandwiches, slather baguette bottoms with a generous amount of Sriracha spread. Layer each sandwich with a lettuce leaf and equal parts of the roast beef. Top each with 1/2 of the Mezzetta® Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini,1/2 of the Mezzetta® Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers and 1/2 of the marinated carrots. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Chef's Notes: Not your ordinary roast beef sandwich. This Asian-influenced sandwich has lots of fresh flavors and crunchy textures. The jalapeños and peperoncinis along with the creamy dreamy spicy Sriracha spread add the perfect amount of heat. Enjoy with an ice cold Sapporo to cool it off a bit.