- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta® Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, julienned
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a bottom of a skillet until thin.
Layer the Mezzetta® Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, garlic and Mezzetta® Imported Non-Pareil Capers along the center of the breasts and top with the mozzarella.
Fold one side of the breast over the filling and roll into a long tube. Secure with a toothpick.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, coat with the bread crumbs, and bake in an oven-proof dish for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F; cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
Allow the chicken to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
Chef’s Notes: This baked chicken makes a delicious complete meal when served with Cilantro-Artichoke Rice.