- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup Mezzetta® Julienne Cut Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 loaf herbed focaccia bread
- 6 oz roasted turkey, deli-sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions, 2 tbsp of olive oil, brown sugar and salt for 20 minutes, or until caramelized. Add the crushed garlic, apricots, white wine, Mezzetta® Julienne Cut Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes and fennel seeds, and sauté for an additional 10 minutes.
While the above mixture sautés, preheat the panini press, slice the focaccia bread into 4 pieces, and cut in half to create a top and bottom. Layer the turkey and provolone on the bread. Evenly divide the apricot mixture between the 4 sandwiches. Brush the tops of the focaccia bread with olive oil and press the sandwiches in the panini press for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and serve.