- Salad Dressing:
- 1 (16 oz) jar Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts , drained, but reserve marinade
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 (3" wide) head of fennel
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, rinsed and drained (we used a mix of red, yellow, and orange cherry tomatoes, each about 3/4" wide)
- 1 cup Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, slivered
- fresh ground pepper
In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk 1/4 cup Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Heart marinade, vinegar, mustard and garlic.
Rinse and drain fennel. Cut off and save a few feathery green leaves for garnish. Trim off and discard remaining stalks, root end and any bruised areas. Cut head in half lengthwise across widest dimension, then cut each half crosswise into paper-thin slivers.
Add fennel, tomatoes, Mezzetta® Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, basil, onion and Mezzetta® Marinated Artichoke Hearts to dressing in bowl. Mix gently to coat. Garnish salad with reserved fennel leaves. Add pepper to taste.
If making up to 4 hours ahead, don't add basil; cover and chill. Add basil just before serving, and mix gently.