- 2 jars (6.5 oz.) Mezzetta Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained, but reserve marinade
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 head fennel, about 3 in. wide
- 6 c. cherry tomatoes (use a mix of red, yellow, and orange, each about 3/4 in. wide), rinsed and drained
- 1 c. Mezzetta Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 c. lightly packed rinsed fresh basil leaves (3/4 to 1-1/2 in. long)
- 1/2 c. red onion, slivered
- Fresh ground pepper
- *Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk 1/4 cup artichoke marinade (discard remainder or save for other uses), vinegar, mustard and garlic.
Rinse and drain fennel. Cut off and save a few feathery green leaves for garnish. Trim off and discard remaining stalks, root end, and any bruised areas. Cut head in half lengthwise across widest dimension, then cut each half crosswise into paper-thin slivers.
Add fennel, tomatoes, calamata olives, basil, onion, and artichoke hearts to dressing in bowl. Mix gently to coat. Garnish salad with reserved fennel leaves. Add pepper to taste.
NOTE: If making up to 4 hrs. ahead, don't add basil; cover and chill. Add basil just before serving, and mix gently.