- 2 slices day-old rustic Italian bread, each about ½-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Mezzetta Intense California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- ½ jar (16.25 oz.) Mezzetta Calabrian Chili and Garlic Sauce (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut bread into 1-inch pieces; toss with oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet; bake, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat chicken broth, sauce and half a cup water over medium heat until simmering; stir in toasted bread cubes. Simmer for 25 minutes or until bread breaks down and soup is thickened; stir in parsley.
Chef’s Note: Substitute the parsley with fresh basil if desired.