- 1/2 cup MEZZETTA® Deli-Style Zesty Bell Pepper Relish
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. MEZZETTA® Crushed Garlic
- 16 oz. thick-sliced bacon
- 8 slices hearty white sandwich bread
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 16 oz. roast turkey, deli-sliced
- 1 c. MEZZETTA® Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, drained
- 3/4 c. MEZZETTA® Gourmet Baby Carrots, drained and sliced in half lengthwise
In a food processor, combine the zesty bell pepper relish, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, basil leaves, and crushed garlic. Mix until well blended. Set the zesty peanut spread aside.
In a heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon in two batches, until crisp and golden brown. Place the bacon onto a paper towel, and blot to remove excess oil.
Lightly toast the bread in a toaster.
Lay out the 8 slices of toast on a cutting board, and spread the zesty peanut spread evenly on to all of the slices.
Top 4 slices of the toast with 2 Romaine lettuce leaves, 4 ounces of the turkey, one quarter each of the Deli-Sliced mild pepper rings and the gourmet baby carrots. Finally top each sandwich with 3 slices of the bacon. Place the remaining 4 pieces of toast onto the sandwiches.
With a serrated knife, slice each sandwich in half on a diagonal, and serve.